Thursday, December 15, 2011

Completion!

Well, that wraps up the Google Project.  I have successfully investigated how the brain processes and perceives music.  From my research on the auditory cortex to the function of the frontal lobe in music, I have discovered quite a bit.  Moreover, since I have never previously took time to learn about the anatomy of the brain, this has been quite an introduction.

I have also found music's similarities to language, both in terms of mechanics and mental perception.  Interestingly, music can also affect one's hormonal balance and mood, as well as stress.  All of these effects are caused by music, something I have practiced for years but never fully understood from this perspective.  Therefore, my first "scientific" look at music has been a significant and noteworthy investigation, and I hope to continue this work in the future!

A brief Powerpoint presentation I gave to the Wind Ensemble class can be viewed at https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dcz83dhk_4fjtxjfcq.  Happy viewing!

1 comment: