Monday, November 14, 2011

Fascinating!

I've learned that music can change one's perception of time.  While real time passes by us at the same rate it always does, music (specifically its speed and inflection) can affect the left side of the brain, which is responsible for what is called "experimental time."  The left side of our brain is the analytical side.  Music can affect this part of our brain to "count" our own perception of time differently.  Thus, slow music can make time go by slower for us - and make us feel sleepy - while faster music gives us the impression that time has flown by.

Fascinating!

I'm still struggling to get through all the information I've found, but I am making steady progress in understanding it.  Perhaps my experience with music is helping me understand this information?  That will be seen...

No comments:

Post a Comment